Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Daxingshan Temple - Xi'an in China

I would highly recommend anyone to visit Xi'an City if you only have one chance to visit China. I have so far visited Beijing, Tianjin, Chengde, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Jiuhuashan, Chengdu, Emeishan, Guangzhou, Dunhuang, Huashan, Xi'an and passed through many smaller towns too. I love Xi'an City the most for its vast and well preserved historical sites especially the thousands of  Terracotta Warriors buried inside the many Tombs of First Emperor Qin Shi Huang. This place would really blow your mind!

  
Xi’an is a very large bustling city with a population of 8.7 million. It is the capital 
of Shaanxi Province in central China and once known as Chang’an (Eternal Peace).
It marks the Silk Road’s eastern end and was home to the Zhou, Qin, Han
and Tang dynasties' ruling houses.




 That morning we walked outside our Ramada Bell Tower Hotel
and saw a small crowd. My wife went to look-see and
kaypoh for so long!



The city folks were gambling real cash by the streets!
The banker challenged anyone to play the Chinese Chess
against him. I was so tempted to try my Chinese Chess
skills but chickened out. 



 We had walked past the famous Drum Tower nearby the hotel.



  
We also walked past this Bell Tower.




They have very good subway systems on par with Japan.
The handsome guys were smartly dressed like
Chinese Grooms to guard & usher at the train's doors!



 Wall advertisement: SHAANXI YUANDA MALE DISEASE HOSPITAL




 We took the subway train to visit this famous ancient 
Daxingshan Temple which is located at the Xiaozhai's business
district in the South of Xi'an.




I was acting cute outside PARKSON's which is the most high end
department stores in China! They sell all the branded stuffs.



 Entrance to Daxingshan Temple which was first built during the
Western Jin Dynasty. Later around year 582AD of the Sui Dynasty,
the Emperor Wendi name it Da Xing Shan Temple.


I reenacted SK's Signature pose. Cute or not?




IMPORTANT NOTE:
This is a picture of the most famous Monk Kukai of Japan
who led his entourage to study Buddhism from this temple.
Later, he returned to Japan to spread the Buddhism and
went into meditation at the temple in Mount Koyasan
at Wakayama Prefecture. Many Japanese believe that he is
still alive in a meditative state. We visited this temple
and the largest cemetery in Japan. If you wish to read
my blog post, the LINK IS HERE.



The smaller prayer hall.



 The impressive Main Prayer Hall.




 The monks were leading the prayer chantings around the
golden statues of the Buddhas Of The 5 Directions.



 This is a replica of The Wild Goose Pagoda.




My wife was spinning the mantra wheels for
World Peace & Harmony.



I was often been reprimanded for bad speech
and foul mouths!




This is the Officer From Hell. Do you remember my
blog post about the Hell Officer who spoke to me??
You can read them HERE.



 Daxingshan Temple in Winter.


***



42 comments:

  1. Oh, besides the majestic temple, also got scary stuff like that long tongued Officer for Hell. Yes, I read all your posts of the supernatural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of well known statues inside the many prayer halls in very unique 3-D forms but I thought that you guys should visit that place to discover. So I shared the officer instead since he really spoke to me once to convince me enough that hell is real and exists in another dimension. We should practice kindness so that we won't fall into that dimension.

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid, I used to play Chinese Chess with my grandfather, now forgot all the skills liao

    Interesting finding of the train ushers dressed like grooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that playing Chinese Chess often might prevent my brains from getting dementia like my father. It was such a sad ending for him.

      Delete
  3. See how you dressed make me feel cold, brrrr :p
    I have not visited China before, no money to go travel.... sob sob..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love to joke with me when comes to money. I have not visited so many fabulous and exotic European countries like you. We only live once anyway and better not wait for old age.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the photos....and you have a knack for photobombing your wife's photos! ;) She can't take any selfies with you lurking behind. But then you'd probably call those wefies...haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise I actually photobombed her! Wakakakaka
      Now I took a good look and it looks funny & interesting this way instead of both posing like a bridal photo shoot. I should continue to lurk behind. Hooray!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing and I really enjoying reading it...yes your scary posts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I am learning to post good travel photos like you. Did I scare you all with my supernatural posts? I have lots more to share actually.

      Delete
  6. You are so sporting to have so many poses. Looks like a peaceful place to visit. I read all your supernatural posts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to post too much of myself and make myself like a narcissist. It might turn off some readers away.
      China is too huge and has so much to offer from natural places to historical and modern cities. It is still the cheapest place to visit in this world right now.

      Thank you for reading the supernatural posts. I have lots more to share actually but stopped when I realised there could be evil tests besides some readers might think I am "chau foh". Hahaha!... Should I write more as supernatural things continue to happen?

      Delete
    2. yes you should write about them more to educate us. what is "chau foh"?

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing and pls have more cute pose to share with us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I am too old to jump or act cute poses already. I realised most bloggers do not even show their faces!

      Hint Hint Hint!.....

      Delete
  8. We always hear about maternity hospitals, high time we had something for men. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men has all kinds of weird needs to go to hospitals nowadays just like the penile ring case. Muahahaha

      Delete
  9. Not only you, TM.. I also copied SK's pose now and then! He left behind something for us to follow, eh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think SK copied the ads of Usain Bolt. Ha ha ha

      Delete
  10. I don't know. I think I'm more of a big city type of guy. I've been to Beijing/Tianjin and Guangzhou so my next target if China would probably be Shanghai.

    I'm not a huge fan of going out of a ways to the middle of nowhere just for the sake of one attraction. I guess I'll leave that type of tedious works for architecture lovers like you and XiaoYing heh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't wish to waste my breaths to argue on your choice of vacations. I would say I am an all rounder who enjoy nature's wonders and come what may. Happy holidays to you buddy and I leave the manga anime to you. LOLOL

      Delete
  11. Muahahaha... You copycat...

    Follow SK signature post eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all went to school and copied everything from the teacher's blackboard. That is learning lah! Wakakaka

      Delete
  12. Anay is like Marco Polo lah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am Marco Polo, you must be Carmelita Jeter for running so far and fast. I wish to run like you.

      Delete
  13. Recent development of China is amazing. I’m more interested in its history and culture like Daxingshan Temple, which is intriguing. My children liked to play Japanese chess, which is quite similar to Chinese chess. What I have known about Xi’an is that it was one of the ancient capitals of China, so I learned a lot from this post. Seeing from the people without flu masks, air pollution caused by rapid industrial development seems to be no problem there.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct that Xi'an City was the ancient capital and was actually the first capital of China where it was called Chang'an. The air is quite clean there by China's standard without the toxic haze. I would have avoided this place if the air is hazardous as my wife has asthmatic problems with foul air.

      I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit the many interesting places in China, both nature and historical.

      I would be interested to play the Japanese Chess too!

      Delete
  14. I didn't know there is subway in Xi'an.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their train lines are very long with clean and modern infrastructures. Visit Xi'an quick!

      Delete
  15. Xian looks very well developed like Shanghai...Even their metro subway is clean and systematic! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes in some ways it looks like Shanghai to me except that Shanghai is much bigger with less ancient sites. I would say that Xi;an has the most well preserved ancient sites in China where their historical museum is the largest with the best collections I had seen in China.

      Delete
  16. Eh why are you so cute, reenacted SK's Signature pose? Haha.

    So urm.. did you go check out that male disease hospital? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I cute like SK? hihihihi
      I am actually curious what diseases the Chinese males there are suffering from. China's hospitals use both TCM & Western to treat the patients.

      Delete
  17. Hello TM, thanks for your stories about Xi'an. Hopefully would get a chance to see the place myself one day.

    I read again your post on the officer from hell.. and was wondering if you still have the book for giveout. But I may feel chicken to read such book at home..
    Maybe you can consider posting the chapters from the book in your blog here..as a revived on your supernatural post.. Then I can read without feeling eerie.. haha.. can?

    Regards, Norick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend Norick!
      You should visit Xi'an as the AA tickets are always cheaper than flying to Beijing or Shanghai.

      There is an online e-book for this Journey To The Underworld -
      http://white-sun.com/journeys_to_the_underworld.htm
      Take your time to read.

      Delete
  18. Amazing temple complex and the way preserved at its original structure is impressive. The city looks pretty neat in all ways… and gambling in public is something illegal here. What I like more in the post was the angle of shots and beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very kind compliments. I need to improve my photography skills as my head is rusty now after having studied some photography in United States 2 decades ago! LOL

      Hope you will a chance to visit China someday.

      Delete
  19. Love the couple shot, Tan! You guys look so lovey dovey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you for your sweet comments. We are indeed love birds that could talk and chirp.

      Delete
  20. Male disease hospital??? Like erectile dysfunction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought the same. Great minds of Penang Lang think alike.

      Actually males have so many diseases that we are not aware of besides ED.

      Delete
  21. Male disease hospital? I only know women disease clinics are common here at Malaysia LOL
    The Officer from Hell are quite scary huh :P

    ReplyDelete

Bad Wedding Etiquette

I just attended a wedding dinner of another colleague on Saturday night. It was held at a restaurant inside Goldhill Club. I didn't enj...