In all big cities of the world, I have visited many swanky shopping havens like Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, New York's 5th Avenue, London's Mayfair and Nanjing Road in Shanghai. Here they have Chunxi Road in Chengdu which lines all the big designer names like Prada, GUCCI, Valentino, Dior and etc. I never bought anything there because I cannot afford, so I just did window shopping and look-see & touch.
1. I always prefer to book my hotels right beside or above their subway trains, to save time and money. I took a train to Chunxi road, just 2 stops away.
2. I was the BIGGEST IDIOT in Chengdu to discover out that Chunxi Road was just located 2 blocks behind my hotel. Call me stupid to take a big round in the underground train to reach there. I could have walked there in 10 minutes.
3. We learn along our lives and make mistakes, so it is alright to hit the wall sometimes. I was amazed to see all the big shopping streets when I thought Chengdu was all about Panda Farms and Ancient Villages.
4. Their boulevards are so wide and huge with no cars! A real haven for shoppers.
5. It was Winter, so the skies turned dark at 4.00pm.
6. The Christmas decorations in Chengdu was average but the holiday mood was there at Wangfujing.
It was chilly and cold, so I became naughty again.
7. I spent more time admiring at the exterior of the shops than inside.
8. This lovely area was so colourful and brightly lighted up!
9. That was the 2nd Christmas tree I spotted.
10. I met Tony Leung at the basement of the train station on my way home.
My hand was itchy again.