Monday, November 5, 2012

My Happy Trip To Taiwan


I have visited Taiwan several times and covered many towns right from the north of Keeliung Port down to south at Kaoshiung.......passing through Taipei, Tainan, Nantou and Taichung but I did not see much of the tourist places at all. It was either a rush business trip or to attend big Tibetan Buddhist praying sessions. So during the recent trip to Taichung, I extended my stay and pampered ourselves to sleep in good hotels with spa and shopping. It was the best and happiest one we ever had in Taiwan.


It was my first time flying Cathay Pacific as they were giving cheapest fares. I always flew Taiwan's China Airlines which could not beat this CX class. I could even see the personal TV monitor showing the plane's wheel landing and taking off. It was amazing for a nerd flyer like me! (see right pix)


From Taoyuan's Airport, I took a bus to catch their High-Speed Trains to Taichung which took less than 40 mins. Normally it would take almost 2 hours by car. The train was smooth and SUPER fast! The Taiwanese couples are often dramatic. Look at this guy groping and kissing his girl friend who sat like a helpless star fish on her chair with 2 legs pointing East-West.. This Ah Lian was in a "Shiokalingam mode".


We stayed in a military's hotel in the outskirts of Taichung which is a bigger sized city compared to Kuala Lumpur. The hotel's suite room was very big with a separate living room and huge bathroom. It cost me only RM198 a night. What a good deal.


Next day, I got onto a taxi to bring me to the mountains in neighbouring Nantou county. I took the aerial view's photo from their wall poster. I have visited this powerful temple many times and my prayers have always been answered. Can you see me posing infront of the 3 giant statues???? Behind the monastery, there is a small shrine of the Goddess "Golden Mother Of The Jade Pond" (Yaochi Jinmu) at the highest peak. I had to trek up the steep steps to reach atop to offer my prayers. Many years ago, I was being invited by the Master to stay overnight and slept in that monastery during the cold winter, inside the monk's chambers. It was an unforgetable experience for me to sleep on hard wooden beds without mattress or heater. I was freezing the whole night.



I went to their interesting night market and ate many types of fried food. I saw the shorts for the gamblers but they were all sold out. The city view of Taichung's downtown from another hotel we stayed.


In the morning, my wife and I strolled into their wet market to have a good look at their fresh produce of vegetables, fruits and meat. Their watermelons were giant sized and bitter gourds were pure white!!! The grumpy old lady was selling odd pieces of antiques salvaged from the old families who discarded them. I managed to buy 3 pieces of old and very rare plates, dated back to the Ching dynasty's era. I regretted for not buying a rare black and white photo showing the group of Koumintang's Officials posing with Chiang Kai Shek and Madam Soong Mei Ling. I have a vast collection of unwanted family heirlooms and antiques which I hope will be a good investment when I sell them off 10 years later.


We moved to the city area and stayed at the 5-Star Splendour Hotel which has a huge high class "Park Lane Shopping Centre" beside it. The hotel had a promotions and I paid only RM250 per night with free use in the Spa & Jacuzzi. It was heavenly!



The Spring weather was beautiful and many families strolled along the "green belt zone" which has lovely landscapes and artistic monuments. The above building was being wrapped by plants from the ground all the way to the top. Interesting sight! I stumbled into a couple who were shouting by the streets. The lady cried her hearts out and screamed hysterically like a mad woman at the man. YOU KNOW WHAT????? I was the only one standing and watching the lover's quarrels in Hokkien Dialect. The Taichung folks are simply not bothered at all. I WAS SO KAY POH!!!! Kakakakaka!!!



This is the Green Zone area and I was flying like a plane on the trails. I rank Taichung as the nicest and loveliest city in the whole of Taiwan. The environment looks simply beautiful and better than Taipei or Kaoshiung. This is just my subjective opinion.



 I passed by the most famous "THE NAKED CAFE" and told my wife to get "naked" and have our lunch inside the packed restaurant. The food was very delicious with big portions. We had to ta-pao "doggie bag" our left over lunch. I had a BIG SHOCK to see the woman above breast feeding her baby in the public. OMG!!! She was so daring to expose her 2 big boobs in broad daylight. I think Yannie would call this "BYOB"


 
We had so much fun in 3 days with sweetest memories of Taichung. We had plenty of time to really relax happily and check out all the facilities and amenities. Look at the interesting "MADE IN TAIWAN" word using the recycled computer boards which was on the walls of the airport. Reminds me of SK's blog.


 
Taiwan has got the best orchid growing industry I have ever seen. Their orchid flowers are all very huge and colourful blooms. Here they arranged them in the departure lounge like a beautiful garden with benches. The airport is interesting with many themes for us to camwhore. Hope you will visit Taiwan soon!











117 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Long long long post about TM's long forgotten Taiwan trip~~

      Delete
    2. Do you have 2nd part of it?

      Hey, where's your Japan continual post?? How come detoured to Taiwan pulak?!

      Delete
    3. Want to go back home already, come back tomorrow to comment.... bye bye!

      Delete
    4. Yvonne,
      You never came to mine!!!! *sob sob*

      Delete
    5. when did tm went to Taiwan?
      I never know also...

      Delete
    6. SP, you are not alone. I also don't know.

      Delete
    7. Aiyoooo you all only fuss and manja this SP like your shadows....sure la dunno anay went to Taiwan!!!!

      Delete
    8. This stupid SP even commented in my Taipei Post with his B/W photo pakai kot one!!! Check it out here!

      http://twilightzone518.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-am-in-taipei-now.html

      Delete
    9. Cannot blame us la TM.... we waited so long until we all forgot when you went already! kakaka

      Delete
    10. I want to see more travel posts!

      ANNAY!! Don't procrastinate your Japan posts!!

      Delete
    11. lol .. I lupa le..
      kakaka.. your post is like so slow..

      Delete
  2. taiwan...hmm...ok, in my bucket list please :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may not be the best country but definitely worth visiting. Shopping is good!

      Delete
  3. You compressing your Taiwan report into just one post ke TM?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... okie what..
      and we no need to spam so much.. kekeke..
      but it is easy le .. I don't like those people post it ..
      part 1, part 2 and part 3..

      Delete
    2. But annay's stories are very interesting, I won't get jelak reading more of them~~

      Please annay, I want more!

      Delete
    3. Aiyo sorry I posted all into one!!! I went to Taiwan so many times until I dunno what is new to me.. I am so malas one.

      Yvonne, when I visit Xian, I will have many parts. Promise!!!!

      Delete
  4. I love CX. Wish I can find reason to fly with them but so far... no reason to justify flying again with them. huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have not fly CX before..
      I have to support MAS.. I am one of the share holder..
      you all also.. kakaka..
      but now MAS is kinda disapointed ..
      getting all those senior citizen of air stewardess..

      Delete
    2. I love CX too. I flew to Hong Kong via CX before. Nice!

      Delete
    3. Yes CX is very good class like Singapore Airlines! Thumbs up! The food inside the MAS cabin kitchen smells bad during long haul flights like KL-London. Bluek!!

      Delete
  5. Don't tell me you've finished with your Japan post already!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lo! He stopped at Nara, Japan.

      Delete
    2. Alamak! You aunties gimme pressure. I thought Nara boleh habis. Looks like I have to gostan balik to Kyoto Castle and Osaka Shopping Streets.

      Delete
    3. Osaka also so many places didn't touch. What food eat also must show one by one, you know! xD

      Delete
    4. Yeah I got take many food photos too. How come I forgot about it langsung? Anay nyanyuk and Tua already la.

      Delete
  6. Anay so hamsap. People tengah romen in train also he kaypohchee. Take photo some more.

    Then kaypoh again at quarelling couple. Ish ish

    You should stay the night at the monk's place and repent and think about your life. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol .. then Annay got high or not after watching?
      kakakakaka free show ..

      Delete
    2. I wanted to laugh when Annay said her legs pointing east and west. Yo! Shiokalingam on the train. Havoc like me also never try before.

      Delete
    3. Actually I am also very kay poh chee, I like to watch people quarrelling one. No wonder we called ourselves HHBC. We have got so many similarities to each others. Birds of a feather flock together.

      Delete
    4. I love to watch dramas, on TV or live show :D

      I surely would stop and watch the quarreling couple and hopefully after that won't get black eye for enjoying the show later (would probably kena the bf's fist for being such a kaypohchee).

      Delete
    5. As for the smooching couple, I lagi mau tengok! No chance in my life I can see the x-rated show, unless I pay for the Thai tiger show, kakakaka~ This one free wert!

      Delete
    6. See! See! I found my soul friends in HHB... all kay poh chees!! Wakakakakakakakaka!!!! SP lagi kay poh ong!!!!!

      Delete
    7. Lina's comment so lawak asking me go back to sleep at monk place and repent. Kakakakakakaka

      Delete
    8. wah they really "open " over there ah. People syokligam in the train also nobody bother same goes for quarrel one the street. got free show la muhahaha

      Delete
    9. you know...for a moment there i thought the man was you. Thought you tengah digging something from your bag or something like that when your wife snap photo of you. But after read the description baru tau orang tengah syok

      Delete
  7. I think it's liberating to see women not being shy or being made to be ashamed to breastfeed in public. Boobs are not only for sexual pleasure. They are for sustenance too. Men shouldn't look at boobs (esp in this case) and think it is indecent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe! TM, you hear what our lina said here. TM wasn't only seeing her boobs, he took picture of her boobs some more, tsk, tsk.

      Delete
    2. Anay better send apology email. Kekeke

      Delete
    3. Oooppps! Booooobss!!! Must say soli meh? Now you got me into thinking about this woman breast feeding in public. It is a natural thing like making love BUT do we need to show the public?? This woman should have gone to a quiet corner or bathroom and not sit right in the middle... Help!

      Delete
    4. You don't pity the baby ke? Feeding at such uncomfortable places?

      Granted, she probably can be discreet and sit elsewhere but have you ever had to take care of a hungry baby before? Not as if you can ask baby to tahan hunger. I am an advocate of breastfeeding so for me, kudos to the woman for breastfeeding her child and not resort to bottle feeding with susu lembu!

      Plus, do you think others (men and women alike) would want to give their space for the mother. I don't think so.

      Delete
    5. Sorry ah if I'm too serious about this. But why is it ok to make out in public, do PDA, smooch, and do all hamsap things but something that is so natural like feeding a baby is frowned upon?

      Delete
    6. You are absolutely correct. We need to change our mind set.

      Delete
    7. breast feeding okay mah. Not as if go sunbathing naked. this one for baby food wor.

      Delete
  8. History lesson today? When was this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was nice reading this blog. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. wah, such a long post!! why i didn't know anay went to taiwan huh?? when was it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually you can split this post into 5 posts and get them schedule for the next 5 days, then your blog won't be stale for at least a week lah.. haha!!

      Delete
    2. thambee hasn't been to taiwan before, yet anay has been there numerous times already!! how can that be??!! thambee must also plan to go there one day soon already..

      Delete
    3. SK... I totally agree with you about splitting the posts up.

      Rather than have them all in one go and then let this blog bersawang for ages. ;p

      Delete
    4. luckily annay didn't split it..
      it will be very sien le ..
      finish everything in one load .. then annay just rest and sleep to rejuvenate ..
      until he is active gain to shoot... kakakaka

      Delete
    5. I support Lina and SK for the split-post! I read until my eyes go blur blur!

      Delete
    6. Wah! You all confused me lahh..... to split or not? Only SP thinks like me!!

      SK another blurr sotong. He commented in my Taipei blog! http://twilightzone518.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-am-in-taipei-now.html

      Delete
    7. Aiyoh, TM will sure follow what SP wants lah.... SO sayang that guy! LOL

      Delete
    8. TM and SP are like twins! Soul-mates! Yiierr, geli~~

      Delete
  11. CB anay, your photo so small and yet want us to use magnifying glass to search for you in between of the three buddhas!! hey, show us larger photo lah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. instead of spending time grouping your photos into collage, use Thambee's photo album or slide show better lah.. you just need to copy all the photo codes and the scripts is automatically generated with a click of a button..

      Delete
    2. all HHBC members also can do that, sure anay so smart can also do that.. you see Mak Yannie so happily using the photo album and slide shows..

      Delete
    3. aiyo i also stop using the script already..

      Delete
    4. I like to the script of photo album slide show. SK, one more request, can we upload music in the slide show? Me very demanding ho?

      Delete
    5. This annay likes to play hide and seek with us. I also having problem locating annay in the photo, let alone SK with his sesame eyes!

      Delete
    6. Ah Hua so clever!!!!! I have shown enough of my photos so I wanna show other things la.


      SK I dunno how to download your script la. Susah lo!

      Delete
  12. eih, the taiwanese watermelon is very nice lah.. and their bitter gourd, yes, white in color.. but i don't think they are very bitter but indeed quite tasty i heard.. did you try that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or you keep taking photos of that grumpy lady cos she was so captivating you that you forgotten to buy the juice from her?? :D

      Delete
    2. but anay really slims down a lot lah.. compared to the last time thambee met anay in california MV, sure all the sweat and workout in FF that makes anay so fit and handsome like arumugam!!

      Delete
    3. taiwanese watermelon..
      yes it is indeed big and lot of juice?
      slurpppp.....

      Delete
    4. That Celebrity Gym made me fatter cos it is inside MID VALLEY! So much food there!!!

      I didnt eat the water melon lah SP. Bigger sure juicier lo.

      Delete
    5. Blame Mid Valley pulak. Who ask you to pass by the food court?????

      After working out, straight balik lah! LOL

      Delete
  13. Heard that the food are damn delicious in Taiwan ! Did you try the special ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate everything there except dogs, pig blood and intestines!

      Delete
  14. I have not visit Taiwan before..
    I have 2 uncle staying there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also haven't been to Taiwan. Hopefully one day, jin jin will bring me there.

      Delete
    2. People like Ah Hua and Yannie will LOVE TAIWAN more than me! I am sure!

      Delete
    3. My hubb already ban HK, Japan and Taiwan from our holidays-destination-list. He will only visit Tahiti, Maldives and Mauritius - no shopping, only bimbos clad in bikinis.

      Delete
    4. then your hubby will TOINK.. lol

      Delete
  15. how come Annay didn't take those sexy lady by the road side of the road?
    your next post kah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Annay watches Sexy Lady, he will dance like Oppa Gangnam.

      Delete
    2. I saw the hot and sexy Pinang Girls many times but dared not take photos! My wife would kill ME!

      Delete
    3. Aiyo... photo only mah. You got buy from them ke? Or didn't dare? ;p

      Delete
    4. When I went to Korea, I saw very handsome men, i kept taking pictures of them.

      Delete
    5. When we went to an Anime expo in Odaiba - I let hubby take photos with all the sexy models in cosplay there. Some more, it was me who took the photos.

      Photo only mah... Not bring back to hotel. xD

      Delete
    6. Lina tak takut hubby run away because she got whip. I was wild but tamed.

      Delete
  16. Never been to Taiwan before, got short changed by the tour operator who only took us to Taipei, Taichung, Tainan & Hualian but no Taiwan haha. Guess lots of changes now in Taiwan hope to go again. tQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typo error is it? "Never been to Taiwan but went to Taipei, Taichung, Tainan & Hualian!!!!!!!"


      Bananaz MABUK!!!!!

      Delete
  17. Taiwan is a nice place. Been there with my two girls in 2010. I like the cool weather when we were there in March. My girls loved the night markets. So much varieties of food there. Awesome place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really awesome and ladies love the crazy shopping places. Cheap!

      Delete
  18. wow, travel again~
    boss when want belanja me go travel? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walau eh!!! You want me to belanja ka?? You are still young and can be the air steward la!

      Delete
  19. Never been to Taiwan before but love to visit this country one day. Heard so much about the night markets and hawker food~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annay is doing the crane pose?

      Where's Letchumi inspiring poses? No jumping or plank pose?

      Delete
    2. When I gila, she will mellow. When she gila, Anay will mellow. Go Taiwan faster before more earthquakes happen.

      Delete
  20. Wow! I wanna go Taiwan!! But must go with someone who can speak and read Mandarin, cos mine sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have money will travel. No need to speak Mandarin lah! Hokkien will do.

      Delete
  21. So when is the best time to visit Taiwan? I dont want hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just avoid the months of June till September. Other months will be cool and cold. Lovely!

      Delete
  22. Really? You saw the woman breastfeeding her baby in the Naked Cafe? How come no one gets naked? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course that woman was breastfeeding her baby from left to right to left!!! What a greedy BABY!!! Open your panda eyes and see the photo lah!!!

      I also wondered why the name is NAKED CAFE!!!!

      Delete
    2. You know TM... if you feed baby with right breast, you then need to also feed with the left. Do you know that it can hurt really bad to have one side full of milk?

      Please do not call the baby greedy. :(

      Delete
    3. lina, it is not only hurt when one side of breasts is full of milk. The boobs will later remain one side big and one side small. I am the one having this problem now. My boobs are off balanced in size.

      Delete
    4. Really Yan? I always alternate breast when feeding. Otherwise it is so hard and painful. o.O

      Delete
    5. Sometimes men also got breast pain without feeding!!

      Delete
  23. I have never been outta my town ever in my life. Reading this post was so much fun. Also reading others as well.

    Follow each other ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you travel to nearby places for a start?

      Delete
  24. Hi! Im Fran, a spanish male fashion blogger. Maybe you like my style and want to follow me

    www.showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow,u met with so many "interesting" incidents huh :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself am interesting and busy body... thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
    2. I myself am interesting and busy body... thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  26. conclusion: I feel that the couple quarrel make me dam interest of it especially they use their own dialect :P

    ReplyDelete