Monday, July 16, 2012

Welcome to Universal Studios - Osaka, Japan

 The Universal Studios (Universal Pictures) was founded in the year 1912 by Carl Laemmie and is the second oldest movie studios in the world. I visited the Universal Studios Hollywood during the 90s as a student and the fondest memories there has lived vividly in my head till now. I truly enjoyed that place more than any Disneyland or Amusement Parks as that place is very entertaining for both the young and adults. Overall, I also enjoyed the Universal Studios the most, amongst all the lovely and exciting attractions in Japan. So please do not miss it when you visit Osaka.

The weather that morning was lovely and cool in Spring. We forced ourselves to reach JR Universal City station before the opening hours at 9:00am as we had checked out from the hotel enroute to Kyoto, so we carted along so many big luggages! We wanted to be early to grab their lockers to keep our luggage so that we could just collect them at night and head to Kyoto easily. Goodness, many people were even earlier than us but we managed to get hold of the last few lockers safely.


Many visitors had arrived early and there was a long queue to enter. The minute we stepped in, the atmosphere was suddenly alive and happy!! The cartoon characters danced their way to greet and welcome everybody! So jovial mood and nice, all ladies started to camwhore while the guys were busy clicking photos. I had none as I felt too old to hug the Snoopy!


                     
There was a Wall Of Fame with the hand prints of many movie stars who were mostly Japanese and many unknown to me except for few and Cameron Diaz. There I stood outside the home of the movie - "Rocky's" Sylvester Stallone.



 
There was Spiderman climbing the walls and tossing upside down by the back lane. Instead, I went to pose with the old vintage Yellow Cab! This TM so gaya kan?



There were many many attractions and movies to watch but no one was allowed to snap photos! I loved their SHREK 4-D and TERMINATOR! Damn cool and shiok to watch, hear, smell and get tossed in your seat with sprays of smoke and water! There was a lunatic Japanese woman who sat in front and screamed all the way until we threw pop corns on her head!! Bwahahahaha! She continued to scream. Kaneeneh..!




My planking wife could do jumping too! She leaped up amazingly at 4 feet while her anay TM posed lazily by the roadside longkang with an old Fire Brigade! If got fire, call me at 999! I work for Balai Bomba Osaka.



Believe it or not, we went to play and ride on every single thing including the Merry Go Round Horses, Hello Kitty Tea Cups and Flying Snoopy!!! My heart felt so young again and my face looked 5 years younger after that! Kakakakaka....




OMG! They still had the old shark "JAWS" hanging there! I saw that movie when I was a small kid and had a loud scream when the bus took us right into the lake in Hollywood, USA. The big shark sprang up once and swept water at us. In Osaka, it was different, we took a long boat ride to cruise the lovely lake with scenes of New England and their toothsome sharks attacked us so many times! Finally the boat captain set the BOMBS OFF! The sharks ended up inside our Shark's Fin soup on the table.... Muahahahaha! I am just kidding! SAY NO TO SHARK'S FIN!...




This lovely harbour is so big and nice with boats that never sail. So I posed and took one more romantic photo for the album. When reached old age, we may not have anymore teeth except for sweet old memories to accompany us. Do take more photos for yourself too!


Their "WATERWORLD" attractions was the BEST and GREATEST inside Universal Studios! We loved every minute inside the arena watching the excitement of Speed Boats and world class acrobatic stunts! The above Japanese hero greeted the huge crowd before the show started. The gals screamed their lungs out at that Leng Zhai!


At the end of the show, so many pretty bimbos crowded around the hero for photos!


We were all dead tired and exhausted with aching toes and legs! We had to wait for their nightly Float Processions on the street. It was so damn cold with blowing winds. I kept munching very hot fries to keep myself warm and alive!


 It was really a beautiful sight to see many colourful lights and songs being played in the long parade!






                            
There were too many floats and attractions but I am posting just 30% of the photos. I wish that you will visit the Universal Studios in Osaka to see and enjoy everything.


Life is really short and time flies very fast. I hope that you and I will always stay healthy and live longer so that we can still blog till 90 years old. Have a good week ahead my dear friends!




56 comments:

  1. Wah! So you were there from opening time to closing time kah? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yalah, for sure want to maximize the time inside to worth the price paid for the ticket!! haha~~ :D

      Delete
    2. you sure can walk and walk leh.

      Lucky can get the last few locker else i wonder how u are gonna walk kekeke

      Delete
    3. if you go there 1 hour you also need to pay full.. sure he will stay there from the start until the end.. then letchumi jumping here n there..

      Delete
  2. Anay posing lazily like that by the fire engine - that one standard Bollywood pose, right? hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course, Anay is Bollywood's most prominent superstar.. sure must pose Bollywood everywhere he goes!!

      Delete
    2. Muahaha~ I just realized that pose, when gadis petai mentioned it. Memang ada gaya!

      Delete
    3. eh not bollywood la...looks like those 70s movie the what Chin Han those moves la. Too bad the baju is modern one else can become the 70s actors

      Delete
    4. I went up again to check at that picture. Hahahahaha! I notice TM is very slim.

      Delete
  3. wow, anay went to Universal Studio!! so young at heart!! haha.. Thambee never expected Anay will choose to go there~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His heart can cope riding the roller coaster kah? hihi

      Delete
  4. so anay staying inside for the whole day from opening till closing, did you have enough time to go to every inch of the place and play every game??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letchumi always like to jump here jump there.. but we want to see her running!! running around the bushes being chased by Anay, and then singing the latest Bollywood hits..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That jumping shot is really not bad.

      Delete
  6. so many cartoon characters welcoming the guests.. sure Anay feel like 20 years younger inside there.. i think the remaining 70% photos sure are Anay (trying to) act cute with the cartoons..

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so much nicer than the one in SG, hahaha!! but i've not been to any universal studio before lah.. just heard, and read about the reviews.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. furthermore the japanese are always striving to do things at the best possibility.. and this is always proven..

      Delete
  8. What an awesome post.... I have never been to the Universal Studios in our country --and had no idea that there was also one in Japan... How NEAT!!!! Love all of your photos... Both you and your wife are very good-looking people.... Cute pictures of both of you...

    Sorry it was cold --but as you said, that was a fabulous day... Thanks for sharing... Makes me want to make a trip to Hollywood...
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. i see elmo, snoopy and hello kitty.. where are the others?? i like cookies monster and big birds too, and also woodstock.. anay didn't take photos of them??

    ReplyDelete
  10. big coca-cola shop there!! i think they must be paying lavish rental to be able to have their shop inside the universal studio huh??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to Tokyo Disneyland a long time ago when it first opened. No Universal Studios at the time. Been to the one in Singapore? I do hope to go to the one at Gold Coast someday - at least the Indiana Jones not mata sepet one.... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i didnt go here coz hubby not into theme park (huh!) but the hanging shark, we did put in our heads in its mouth back in australia hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is Letchumi trying to kiss snoopy on the wall? Didn't she kiss the real snoopy? Or she was shy when met snoopy in person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of my friends returned from Japan told me that the cartoon characters in the theme park did not entertain adults. It was so hard to catch and hug them for photo session, unless there's kids in the group.

      Lucky for Letchumi to be able to get snoopy's attention :)

      Delete
    2. I guess they give priority to kids lor... later kids all kena pushed by adults... kesian the kids.

      When Raimie was 3 & 4, his Mommy would chase all the mascots to ensure he got a LOT of photos with the characters. Yup, we got a LOT! kikiki

      Delete
  14. WOW, got that upside down spiderman pose? Why no pic of your honey kissing spidey - it is one epic scene la, every woman dreams of that!

    Or you got jealous and fight with spidey, bollywood style, not letting spidey gets near to Letchumi?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why I see a make-up session in one of your photo? The visitors get makeover or they are the staffs there?

    ReplyDelete
  16. JAWS.... I watched all JAWS movies :D

    I was so naive back then, I thought JAWS was the name of that predator. I always address shark as JAWS until my cousins all laughed at me :'(

    ReplyDelete
  17. The japanese woman tarak notice you throw popcorn ka? Should have pour water too. Maybe she will think it's raining

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fourth photo the two girls sitting there make up is for what ah? They are actress or just tourist?

    ReplyDelete
  19. your "Rocky's" Sylvester Stallone style very yeng leh

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun leh. No wonder feel younger la when go in.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I loved this post! Thanks for taking us on this great fun trip!

    That oh-so-cool dressed-in-black fireman next to the red truck is a very sexy guy! ^^ I wish I were a screaming bimbo that could get my photo with him! ;)

    PS: We really won't mind if you post the remaining 70% of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Life is really short and time flies very fast. I hope that you and I will always stay healthy and live longer so that we can still blog till 90 years old."

    I agree!

    PS: But I want to blog until I'm 107. Hey. I'm in Japan, I'm a woman, I'm supposed to get very old! No? :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. So funny!! Maybe the lunatic screamed cos you guys threw her with popcorns leh XD

    ReplyDelete
  24. I went there too..
    well that is the second US that I had been...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your wife jumping pic in front of the US logo..
    ur wife sure like to jump around huh..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree water world is the best show in US..
    I think I watched it 2 times...

    ReplyDelete
  27. there are still a lot of attraction . why no post other pictures ..
    Annay TM you still have not use the photo album? I tried it and it workds.. kakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
  28. wah... nice nice

    till now i havent even visited the universal studio in sg even. haha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Somehow Universal Studios does not appeal to me...

    ReplyDelete
  30. TM, I have been to Movie World and Dream World at Gold Coast Australia. It is belong to Warner Brothers also. Are these two theme parks same like Universal Studios?

    ReplyDelete
  31. super cool ... especially the water world TM...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think my cousin went here before.. I remember him sharing some photos of the said place

    ReplyDelete
  33. so how expensive it would be if you visit here?

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks for sharing TM.... I really enjoyed your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey TZ, I was there too .. er.. few years back! The first program when we entered was the Spiderman! My mom, me and my kid went for it and had an exciting time with Spiderman defending us from the villains! hahaha... but we didnt stay there one whole day..so we must have missed the night procession! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. So you turned back time and became 5 years younger after visiting Universal? : D

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like JAWS!!! Better than Pirahna 3DD! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wah! Nice jump by your wife, and nice posing by the bomba : D

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Japanese woman kept screaming like a lunatic? And you threw popcorn at her? LOL! That's fun! : D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice photos!! I hope to visit it one day : )

    ReplyDelete
  41. is it better than Spore Universal?
    Nvr step foot in Japan b4 ><~

    ReplyDelete
  42. Argghh...jeles make me so wana go Japan. Next two years perhaps as next year will be heading to the down south.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Keеp οn writing, grеat job!

    Here is my homeρage ... Geoland authors

    ReplyDelete