Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 1 - Osaka Castle

I also visited Osaka Castle on the first day. It looks beautiful and prominent to be located in the middle of Osaka City with lush greenery and water surroundings. It was a long slow walk of 20 mins from the train station to reach this amazing old castle. The weather was very cool in mid Spring, so our mood were all jovial and happily chirping like birds.


There is water all around the castle like any other typical castles or the Forbidden City in China, to keep enemies and predators at bay. There were big orange Koi fishes swimming around too.




I had to walk like miles to reach the main entrance! That was how huge the castle's compound is, with a land area measuring some 60,000sq.meters !!



 Yo! I reached the entrance at long last!



My honey was excited and started 'planking' again by the river! She could have rolled down into the river like a big Koi Fish! In case you do not know, 'Planking Photos' is a new trend these days with youngsters or weirdos who would lie flat like a fish or plank in the middle of the street, benches, graves in the cemeteries or just anywhere in such bizzare manner! Would you dare to snap such a photo to share?



The above photo was the former museum which has been relocated to another nearby building. The 2nd photo is the Osaka Castle, taken from faraway with zoom lenses.


 
The Osaka Castle was originally built by Hideyoshi Toyotomi (1583 - 1615) and it underwent several reconstructions over the period of centuries and the last major restoration was completed in 1995 - 1997. The whole building looks majestic today with all the grandeur finishings and gold ornaments making it look like my wedding cake. 

This castle site introduces the history of the Castle and shows the interior of the Main Tower, which has been renovated as a History Museum. We are not allowed to take photographs in many areas inside therefore you can only see my exterior shots. The displays inside did not impress me much as they do not have much ancient or antique artifacts to display. I think I have far more antiques collections at home which I have started blogging to share with my overseas friends. Someday when I am retired, I will sell all my heirlooms stuffs by the roadside along Jonker Street in Melaka... Come and buy from me, okay?  ha ha ha!


There was only 1 big and long canon sticking out prominently in the whole castle!


These 2 photos were taken from the top floors of the main tower which partially overlooks the Osaka City. Look at the abundant lush greens surrounding the castle's compound.


 
The above photo was taken from a high rise building opposite which shows the entire aerial view of the impressive vicinity at the Osaka Castle.


57 comments:

  1. You're calling your wife a weirdo? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a freak, weirdo, genius and my darling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!!! I was here too...a long long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder which places you visited? I guess no changes so far with the places I visited, right?

      Delete
  4. one of the unesco heritage eh~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all their old buildings and cottage tatami homes are listed under Unesco...

      Delete
  5. Anay, i think you end up with this Japan trip with more than 3 posts lah.. since now that you are posting one post for a day?? or even more~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay SK Thambee, 3 more posts only. I also muak myself!!! LOL

      Delete
    2. 3 more? pls post more, if can. tq. any plan going to tokyo?

      Delete
  6. hehehe, walked so far no wonder Anay looks like slimmer already back from Japan, also Japan food are more healthy and less oily..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better walk too....from Wangsa Maju to my house!

      Delete
    2. walk until leg become golden leg already lol

      Delete
  7. wow, that is a very nice castle!! and they have maintained it so well, it looks exactly it was during its days of glory.. errr, but is Forbidden City also surrounded by water?? don't think so lah Anay..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thambee dei, got water laaa behind, big river some more!!!

      Delete
  8. Letchumi so following up with the trend.. after the floating photo, she is doing planking photo?? but Thambee never did that, instead Thambee has one signature pose he will do in every place.. the running pose!! hehehe~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thambee you only sing, dance and eat only!

      Delete
  9. because Thambee always chases Kamala around coconut trees and bushes, that's why this running pose is sure an easy job for Thambee!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do planking on coconut trees!

      Delete
  10. i like, really like this place.. they preserve the greenery, they preserve the heritage among the modern buildings.. haiz, why can't we do it over here??

    ReplyDelete
  11. 60,000 acres?? how big is that actually, if compared to Forbidden City?? i just used half a day and i was done with Forbidden City.. looks like Anay took like only 2 hours to finish this Osaka Castle..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes less than 2 hours, quite boring except that they have a long history. Inside too modern!

      Delete
  12. what a green lush over the city, so many trees and bushes.. sure Anay becomes very excited when seeing all the greens and very intuitively chasing Letchumi around the trees on the streets of Osaka!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They dont have much trees in the city. They have lovely flower beds everywhere!

      Delete
  13. i didn't visit this castle...tx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...where did you visit then?

      Delete
    2. i've visited other POIs at other places. osaka just a quick visit. i started from tokyo-hikone-hiroshima-kobe-kyoto-nara-iga-osaka-hakone-shizouka-tokyo in 9 days. it felt like amazing race! hahaha!

      i am currently blogging about japan. u can read here:
      http://biqque.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  14. nice shots..hope to see them one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have covered entire Europe, time to LOOK EAST!

      Delete
  15. Wow---what a fabulous castle. I could certainly get alot of steps on my pedometer if I checked out that place. I've seen lots of castles (in photos) --but never one this large.

    We can't take pictures when we go into the big house at the Biltmore Estates -- and I hate it. I love to take pictures to share. I bought some and have scanned them --but it's not the same!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing the Osaka Castle with us.

    By the way, I've never heard of Planking....
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I love the idea that you carry pedometer! I have one too but hardly used it now. It is good to boost our steps for better health..

      Well, you can requests for George to take your own 'Planking' shots! LOL

      Delete
  16. hi twilight..

    haha Well, i am not into planking but seeing your wife doing such thing is kinda cool you know.. I rarely see females doing the plank pose haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bluedreamer! I think I have yet to see males doing planking shots except females!

      Delete
  17. Anyway, this is succh a dream place for me to be honest... Osaka Japan is more like the most common place in Anime world so I'm really aiming to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the last photo is truly amazing ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not realise it was that huge until I went opposite to view.

      Delete
  19. Plank post? I dare to pose it but I don't think my photographer (my hubb!) would cooperate with me. He'll say, "Get up quickly la, you siao liao si boh? Here is public place la", T___T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Your hubby so easy paiseh nia..... I was like that but got immuned to it..

      Delete
  20. My blunt and creative actions are suppressed whenever my man gets serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly psycho him to change! When a couple are compatible, it is fun and fun all the way...!

      Delete
  21. The last photo, wow~ no wonder you have to walk miles to reach the entrance. I would have given up have way. I'm so weak, both physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet info gave me wrong size! It should be 60,000sq.meters which is 15 acres! It is still huge anyway.

      Delete
  22. *given up half way*, hehe, typo error.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i felt cheated coming out of the castle ok!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wish i cud go to Japan someday too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quickly go after your Mount KK hike before the prices shoot up again.

      Delete
  25. I din't know that Japan has some REAL castles.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't go to that castle...
    It is very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  27. As u can c.. There r so many greens in jpn...
    Very nice country...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think we want to see Twilight Man planking on the big cannon, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. your photos make me wanna visit Japan right away. beautiful castle and skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  30. huhuhu, no samurai armor inside this castle ka? lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wonder if there is any large spy glass to let you see the castle view or not hehe

    ReplyDelete
  32. your honey is such a cutie..

    chevy

    ReplyDelete